We’ve made this playlist to bring some color into your life. Colors aren’t just things you see—you can feel them, too (ed. note: especially if you have synesthesia). We say things like, “I feel blue today” or “I’m in a black mood.” While we’re not sure what feeling purple is like, we’re sure it’s amazing. We hope this colorful playlist helps get you through another gray Monday and that the beginning of your week can burst with color.
The list begins with Halsey’s “Colors” and the singer’s candy-coated vocals before shifting into Panic! At The Disco’s “Golden Days,” a celebration of nostalgia. “Red Balloon” by Charli XCX comes next with the pop songstress urging us to let go of our worries. Kesha rounds out the beginning of the list after Kelly Clarkson and Fleetwood Mac. The tempo decelerates with Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit,” an homage to Alice in Wonderland, and Lorde’s disaffected attitude in “White Teeth Teens.” Ciara’s sultry voice gifts us with a cover of “Paint It Black,” before the list’s rhythm changes with Chevelle’s “The Red” and Cher’s “Red.” Florence Welch positively scintillates in the Calvin Harris remix of “Spectrum,” and the list winds down with Jimi Hendrix, Lana Del Rey, and Cyndi Lauper.
Have a great day, darlings!
- “Colors” by Halsey, BADLANDS
- “Golden Days” by Panic! At The Disco, Death Of A Bachelor
- “Red Balloon” by Charli XCX, SUCKER
- “Brown Eyes” by Fleetwood Mac, Tusk
- “Behind These Hazel Eyes” by Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway
- “True Colors” by Zedd ft. Kesha, True Colors
- “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane, Surrealistic Pillow
- “White Teeth Teens” by Lorde, Pure Heroine
- “Black Velvet” by Alannah Myles, Alannah Myles
- “Paint It, Black” by Ciara, Paint It, Black
- “The Red” by Chevelle, Wonder What’s Next
- “Red” by Cher, Closer To The Truth
- “Spectrum (Say My Name) – Calvin Harris remix” by Florence + The Machine, Spectrum (Say My Name) EP
- “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix, Are You Experienced
- “Blue Jeans” by Lana Del Rey, Born To Die
- “Welcome To The Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance, The Black Parade
- “True Colors” by Cyndi Lauper, True Colors
Latest posts by Eric (see all)
- The Ultimate Bad Christmas Movie Drinking Game - December 5, 2017
- Saying I’m Fat Is Just Being Honest About My Weight - May 17, 2017
- What A Wall Means For South Texas - February 15, 2017