By Rachel H.
Being one of the most controversial topics in the recent past, cannabis always takes the number one position. There is still a big question mark if cannabis and its products are potent in the medical sector, specifically in the ways how to take care of the skin. Fortunately, science proves that marijuana is not only a recreational drug but is also very useful as natural skincare. The oils can be used to treat several ailments, including acne, which is a point of focus on this piece. So if acne has been a demon that just won’t leave, CBD oils may be the solution you need. Without further ado, let’s get right into it.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring substance in the cannabis plant. Cannabis sativa, also known as marijuana, contains over 100 compounds, including CBD, with immeasurable health benefits. The magnitude is beyond any other known herb, as only a small percentage of these studies have been proven. It is just a matter of time to unfold just how cannabis is the ‘miraculous’ drug!
Is CBD Oil Treatment Viable For Acne?
Before we get to the CBD oil’s benefits for skin on acne, you first have to understand what acne is and that there are different kinds of acne.
Simply put, acne is a result of clogged skin pores. These pores that should be free of debris get clogged by sebum, a natural oil, mixed with dirt and dead skin cells. Contrary to belief, acne could also appear on other sections of the skin besides the face. With that said, it is reasonable to find acne on your arms, back, and even your neck.
The known kinds of acne are as follows:
● Blackheads: usually have a black appearance due to the oxidized sebum at the top of the clogged pore.
● Whiteheads: these are acne clogged pores that appear white or yellow.
● Papules: these are red, inflamed lesions that are usually painful to touch.
● Pustules: these are usually white or yellow inflamed lesions that are painful to touch and have pus.
● Nodules: these are one of the severe forms of acne which develop under the skin. They are highly sensitive and painful when touched.
● Cysts: these are also another form of acne that may need medical intervention. They are pus-filled and very painful to touch. When they break, blood and pus ooze out, leaving a scar after drying.
How CBD Oils Help With Acne
The CBD Pure Ratio oils help in regulating the production of sebum. Sebum being the main culprit in clogged pores, is highly beneficial to be controlled. When it is produced in the right amount, sebum is very helpful, but when there is an imbalance, acne arises. The irregularity may be triggered by a few factors, namely, stress, diet, and even some medications.
In case you might be asking yourself, is that all?