Age has a way of sneaking up and catching all of us off guard, so if the face in the mirror doesn’t seem familiar sometimes, you are not alone. Thus, there is often a disconnect between the age we are and the age we feel.
Even when you eat right and stay fit, the mirror might betray you by not showing the results. Instead, you might see an assortment of fine lines and wrinkles, streaks of gray hair and ongoing adult acne. If you want to enjoy a more youthful appearance, take a look at these three tips:
1. Eat a Balanced Diet
A good diet can help your body function better at all phases of life, but you want to tweak your focus as you get older to ensure you both nourish and hydrate your body. In addition to drinking water, remember that fruits and vegetables contain liquid that goes toward your hydration, which is good for your hair, skin, and organs. For your overall diet, add the following to boost your appearance naturally:
- Antioxidant-rich foods— ideally, those also low in sugar, including berries, pecans, dark chocolate, artichokes, red cabbage, and kale — fight free radical damage and inflammation in your body, making them perfect anti-aging weapons.
- Healthy fats — including extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish like salmon, nuts and seeds — keep your hair and skin looking fresh, nourished and vibrant.
2. Get Plenty of Regular Exercise
Exercise provides you with so many benefits at all ages, but it helps boost your metabolism to stay trim and fit as you get older. A regular exercise routine does the following to enhance your appearance:
- Reduces stress to avoid associated issues such as dry skin, skin renewal deficiencies, and a slowdown of collagen production.
- Increases circulation and keeps blood pumping throughout your body, transporting vitamins, essential nutrients, and oxygen to your skin, hair, and eyes for a glowing and vibrant countenance.
- Benefits your heart, lungs, and other vital organs to support a stronger cardiovascular system while burning calories. It also helps fend off muscle and bone density loss, supporting a stronger and leaner body that stays slim and agile.
3. Pamper Your Skin with a Gentle Adult Acne Skincare Routine
If you’re tasked with taking care of both aging and acne-prone skin, pamper it. Use targeted adult acne products that nourish and protect your skin while keeping unsightly blemishes at bay. It can challenge your perception of yourself to see a combination of dry skin and pimples as you age. But with the right skincare routine for acne, you can take back control. Consider a daily regime that includes the following:
- Refining acne face wash
- Clarifying mask
- Dual intensive acne treatment
- Invisible matte defense broad-spectrum SPF 30
With the right products, you can prevent and clear breakouts while protecting your skin from visible signs of aging, including discoloration, loss of firmness and elasticity, uneven skin tone, and increased pore size.
Look and Feel Your Best at Any Age
With these tips, you can tackle some core issues that lead to accelerating the signs of aging, allowing you to look as young as you feel. Adding healthy foods and plenty of water, improving circulation and strength with exercise, and finding the right skincare regimen, you won’t think about getting older as much and can enjoy your life with confidence.